The Problem with academic certificates

 Without God the government and anyone to help you what can you do to help yourself?

THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS NOT THAT THERE ARE NO JOBS; THE PROBLEM IS THAT MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO PARADE THEMSELVES AS GRADUATES ARE NOT JUST EMPLOYABLE. It is true that the present unemployment rate in Nigeria is a disaster waiting to happen, but there is however a greater disaster that we are already in, which is: A HOST OF OUR GRADUATES ARE UNEMPLOYABLE. They are unemployable not by the grade of certificates (1st, 2nd or 3rd class) they possess only, but the attitude they exhibit, considering the facts that they graduates.
Some Federal Government parastatals have been recruiting in the last one month, and somehow I was lucky to be part of the process, it is disheartening what I saw and experienced with some of the people who parades themselves as graduates. First: academic grades: why would someone attend some of the best and most expensive primary, secondary school and costly universities in the country, study some of the weakest and ‘dumping ground’ courses in these expensive universities (this tells you hunger was not a problem when they were in school, unlike some of us who huzzled alongside study), yet these ‘brats’ still graduated in 3rd class? This people are a waste. This is the height of mental retardation. What if they have gone to a Federal Government school with ‘hardened’ academic curriculum like mine? (Please, who is the minister of education? You need to introduce 4th and 5th class here please) I agree in some ways or the others some of us were cheated in our grades (I was personally a victim of ‘grades cut’ because I deliberated refuse to buy the lecturers text book after much ‘warning’ for a course I had an “A” in my prelim year when I was in my year one) but that is not a justification for such a colossal and shameful certificate. My pain is not that they graduated with a humiliating academic certificate, but their attitude and lifestyle a proof that they actually merit it. For crying out loud, I have seen 3rd class certificate holders, but with exceptional lifestyle.
Secondly their attitude to life: Imagine an MBA degree holder who was making an application for a job he is over qualified to apply for, saying such thing as: “I am just applying, I Know They (the politicians) have already taken all the slot” then I asked him: Do you believe in God? After which he laughed. Can you see why some people will continue to be useless to themselves, their families and society? Why do people have this ‘donkey’ believe about life? How can you be doing something that you don’t believe in? if you don’t believe in it simply quit! Because there is no way God can help when you first don’t believe in yourself. Just this week a colleague was telling me of how a friend of his secured an appointment with globalcom, despite not having or knowing anyone that works there. What do they call miracle? And how can you be partaker of what you don’t believe in? I personally secured an appointment with one of the best mortgage bank in Warri, fastest growing bank in Nigeria and the largest bank in Africa (by Branch network) with an OND certificate, without knowing anyone in these institutions. OND, I repeat OND, that ‘infinitesimal’ certificate, because self believe and strong conviction was my drive, yet a Master degree holder is saying that without somebody holding his hand he cannot find his feet? I shame. Some people need to burn their certificate, because, education did not in any way impact their life. Hope this is not a justification to that phrase: #Lazy_youths
#without_God_the_government_and_anyone_to_help_you_what_can_you_do_to_help_yourself? 
Please don’t hate me
Don’t hate the truth either
Hate the reality of some the factors making people under achievers in life

Comments